Welcome to GMHA
Combined Driving Event: August 23-24, 2014
Join us for the only Combined Driving Event in New England!
Friday: Advanced Dressage
Saturday: Dressage & Cones
Dressage Times- Advanced Friday, all other levels Saturday
- Because of our large entry, we will be running Advanced dressage on Friday afternoon, starting at 3:30pm. All other levels will be held on Saturday (Intermediate, then Prelim, Training). Advanced cones will be held on Saturday morning starting at 8am. All other levels will proceed to cones from dressage.
- Reminder- MANDATORY briefing on Friday evening at 6:30pm in the Youth Center for all competitors. Courses will be official at this time.
- Last chance to order Competitor’s Party tickets! Email Karey by Wednesday at noon to purchase your tickets- $30/each. Dinner will be at 6:30pm on Saturday evening in the GMHA Youth Center.
- Remember, motorized vehicles are allowed on a limited basis at GMHA- please be sure to read the posted rules in your program and obey all signs.
- Camping spaces are available to GMHA Members only (no tents, no generators, no hookups). Did you forget to request a camping space on your entry? Please email Karey ASAP- spaces are nearly booked.
- Competitors, please remember that any rule violations for use of motorized vehicles and camping will result in loss of privileges for everyone.
- Preliminary Dressage Test Clarification: Singles and Pairs will both use Preliminary Test 6.
The Can-Am Challenge is back! Team USA is in the lead after the July event in Canada, but the Canadians are not far behind. Teams will be drawn at the Competitor’s Briefing on Friday.
August Hunter Jumper Show: August 16-17
NEHC "C" Rated, VHJA Recognized.
Three rings of competition in hunters, jumpers, and equitation. Competition for all ages and abilities, including the exciting Sporting Hunter divisions on the Derby course, and the VHJA Jumper Finals!
2014 Prizelist - Schedule - Entry Form
Enter online, check class counts, and see live results at Showgroundslive.com.
The Green Mountain Horse Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. Founded in 1926, GMHA is the nation’s oldest continuously operating horse association. Our mission is to provide and maintain opportunities for educational and competitive activities for diverse equestrian disciplines. Emphasis is placed on equestrian trails preservation, horsemanship and youth education.
At our facility, located in South Woodstock, Vermont, we offer a wide range of events to hundreds of equestrians each year in dressage, driving, eventing, hunter/jumpers, and trail riding. GMHA is dedicated to preserving trails and open space for equestrian use, and our trail network covers over 500 miles.
Our 65 acre facility includes stabling for 196 horses, four all-weather arenas with European Geo-Textile footing, a spectacular cross-country course, and driving hazards. GMHA is a unique equestrian experience for riders and drivers of all ages and abilities.