The Green Mountain Horse Association (GMHA) is seeking a café manager for the 2019 season.
- The GMHA season runs from late April through mid-October.
- Most events are held on weekends, with some additional mid-week events.
- We have six big event weekends with up to 1,000 people in attendance.
- The other events are smaller with anywhere from 100-400 people in attendance.
- GMHA has an equipped café building on site.
- Equipment includes a walk-in cooler, sinks, prep area, stove and a grill.
We are looking for a café manager to take on full responsibility for all aspects of running the café (menu, ordering, preparation, cleaning, equipment maintenance, café staffing, etc).
During events the café operator will provide “boxed lunches” for event staff and open the café to serve breakfast, lunch, and snacks to competitors and visitors.
The actual hours of operation and number of café customers will vary with each event.
In addition to running the café, there are opportunities to cater special events and parties both on the GMHA grounds and on the trail.
Special events held on the grounds include breakfasts, lunches, brunches, and buffet dinners that are held in the Youth Center or on the Youth Center lawn. The caterer will be responsible for all aspects of the event, including food preparation and buffet set-up and tear-down. These events can have anywhere from 20 – 100 guests.
Special events held on the trail include lunches prepared at GMHA and delivered to riders at off-site locations. These events usually have 20-50 guests.
Email Tracy Ostler for more information.