A Three Day Celebration of Competitive & Pleasure Riding
Featuring the 83rd Annual 100-Mile Competitive Trail Ride
There’s Nothing Like It
A 3-Day 100-Mile Competitive Trail Ride is a unique equestrian challenge. The GMHA 100-Mile is the first of its kind, dating back to 1936. It is still one of the best tests of horsemanship and equestrian fitness available today.
- 40 miles the first day,
- 35 miles the second, and
- 25 miles the third under ECTRA-sanctioned competitive trail rules.
The horse who completes the distance within the time window in the best overall condition wins. Enjoy the fun and friendly competition all wrapped up in 82 years of tradition.
Learn more about ECTRA competitive trail .
Competitive Trail in 6 Distances
Not up to 100 miles in 3 days? Distance Days offers you 6 other distance options for competitive trail. Bring more than one horse, mix and match with the pleasure rides. There’s something here for every trail rider. Pass/fail options are offered in all distances. All Juniors under 21 pay 1/2 the Member’s rate, regardless of membership status.
Serious Pleasure Riding
Pleasure riding has always been a part of the GMHA 100-Mile weekend. Each day, you’ll ride a portion of the 100-mile trail with longer and shorter distance options that bring you back to GMHA in time to socialize, relax and enjoy the atmosphere. If you like to rack up the miles for year-end points, this ride can give you up to 50 miles in one weekend.
- Free camping on grounds for GMHA members. A shower is also available for members. Camping spots are first-come, first-served, so sign up early.
- Horses are stabled in our top-notch shedrow barns or in the historic Upwey Barn.
- Stall decoration contest! This years theme is historic landmarks on the 100-mile trail or your favorite well known spot on the trail
- Views and trails can’t be beat
- This ride is affiliated with New England Horse & Trail – up to 50 miles of pleasure riding distance in one weekend
- Catered meals
- Well-marked trails
- Awards galore