Distance Days Featuring the 85th Annual 100 Mile Ride
Start Date:September 03, 2021
End Date: September 05, 2021
Location:5491 South Road, VT, United States
Event Open:July 27, 2021
Event Close:August 27, 2021
A Three Day Celebration of Competitive & Pleasure Riding
Featuring the 85th Annual 100-Mile Competitive Trail Ride
A 3-Day 100-Mile Competitive Trail Ride is a unique equestrian challenge. The GMHA 100-Mile is the first of its kind, dating back to 1936. It is still one of the best tests of horsemanship and equestrian fitness available today.
- 40 miles the first day,
- 35 miles the second, and
- 25 miles the third under ECTRA-sanctioned competitive trail rules.
The horse who completes the distance within the time window in the best overall condition wins. Enjoy the fun and friendly competition all wrapped up in 85 years of tradition.
Learn more about ECTRA competitive trail .
Competitive Trail in 6 Distances
Not up to 100 miles in 3 days? Distance Days offers you 6 other distance options for competitive trail. Bring more than one horse, mix and match with the pleasure rides. There’s something here for every trail rider. All Juniors under 21 pay 1/2 the Member’s rate, regardless of membership status.
Serious Pleasure Riding
Don’t want to compete but still want to be a part of the trail rididng celebration? Pleasure riding has always been a part of the GMHA 100-Mile weekend. Each day, you’ll ride a portion of the 100-mile trail with longer and shorter distance options that bring you back to GMHA in time to socialize, relax and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Free camping on grounds for GMHA members. A shower is also available for members. Camping spots are first-come, first-served, so sign up early.
- Horses are stabled in our top-notch shedrow barns or in the historic Upwey Barn.
- Stall decoration contest! Theme TBA.
- The most beautiful trails and views
- This ride is affiliated with New England Horse & Trail – up to 50 miles of pleasure riding distance in one weekend
- Well-marked trails
- Catered meals- Thursday night banquet in honor of our generous Landowners, Friday night BBQ dinner and Saturday evening get together at the Vermont Horse Country Store
- Awards galore and special giveaway for 100-Mile riders
Horse Health Requirements
GMHA requires a negative Coggins and proof of rabies vaccination within 12 months for each horse that comes on the property. Rabies titers are accepted within one year of event date and must accompany a note from your veterinarian explaining the reason why the vaccine could not be administered.
Please note that the State of Vermont requires a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days or Exhibition Permit from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Animal Health office for any horses entering the state. GMHA does not require these documents with entry, but the VT Agency of Agriculture may enforce these regulations at any time.