8.3.2020 Update: The Jumper Schooling Day on Wednesday, August 5th has been canceled due to the impending heavy rain all day on Tuesday. The arena needs time to recover and dry out for Festival! Thank you for your understanding.
COVID-19 INFORMATION FOR CROSS STATE TRAVEL into Vermont
Riders, Coaches, Grooms, Volunteers and Parents….please follow requirements from the VT ACCD website regarding cross-state travel before attending GMHA events. The site is very informative and can be found by clicking here:
Please note: Spectators are not permitted to limit our numbers on grounds as mandated for Covid-19 compliance.
USEA/USEF Sanctioned Competition #2177
– FEI CCI2*-S will not run at the 2020 August HT. It will return in 2021 –
Intermediate through Beginner Novice
- Friday (change since last year): All Novice divisions & Open Beginner Novice One-Day Event + Intermediate Dressage
- Saturday: Intermediate Show jumping + Prelim, Training, Beginner Novice Rider, & Jr. Beginner Novice Dressage and Show Jumping
- Sunday: Intermediate – Preliminary – Training – Beginner Novice (Rider & Jr. Divisions) Cross-Country
Festival Sponsorship Opportunities
Join us in supporting the 2020 Festival of Eventing August Horse Trials. Click here for our Sponsorship Brochure or ask for Bruce Perry at (802) 457-1509, Bruce@gmhainc.org
Only COMPLETE entries will be accepted via mail or online through www.EventEntries.com. Please click the button to the right to read about entry requirements to this event. Incomplete entries after the closing date will incur a $30 fee. $50 late fee for entries accepted after closing date (subject to availability). Non-compete horses not permitted. See USEA Omnibus listing for complete details (button link to the right). Thank you!
Stabling Changes for 2020:
- Due to Covid-19 requirements for social distancing at organized sporting events in Vermont, we have reduced the number of stalls available for this event. If you are from the same “barn” or “family” riding together on a regular basis, you can stable together. An “empty” buffer stall will be put between your group and the next barn/family, or individual. Tack stalls will not be available unless we have the room, but please don’t count on it. In addition, the “empty buffer stalls” cannot be used for storage or tack.
- Competitors for the Friday One-Day HT (all Novice divisions and OBN) will have preference for stabling starting on Thursday night, Aug 6th and will need to leave, if possible, on Friday after their rides are over to allow the weekend riders to move in. We will make exceptions for horses trailering together that are riding in both the one-day and weekend divisions to arrive on Thursday and stay through the weekend. Please advise on your stabling form or email the secretary at email@example.com
- If you are only riding over the weekend you can arrive on Friday late afternoon (after 4pm please) once the One-Day HT horses have mostly departed. We need time to sanitize the stalls before they can be occupied, so don’t plan on arriving before 4pm.
Awards will be available for pick-up “only” during show hours. To mitigate risk of Covid-19 contact spread, we will “not” be mailing any awards for this show. A separate tent outside of the show office will house the awards for you to pick up and sign out. Exception: If prize money is awarded, it will be sent after a W-9 has been completed prior to leaving the show grounds.
Official Show Photographer: Flatlandsfoto
Entries Open: June 23, 2020
Entries Close: July 21, 2020