The GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic is celebrating its 64th Anniversary in 2020! This is a premier Eventing clinic in the northeast for youth riders ages 9-17. However, all riding disciplines are encouraged to attend. Riders bring their own horses or ponies to camp, and receive two quality mounted lessons and two unmounted lessons every day. Riders will school all three phases of Eventing: dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. The professional staff and extensive facility makes this an amazing opportunity!
Our facility includes:
- Four all-weather riding arenas with geo-textile footing
- A professionally designed cross-country course offering fences at the Elementary, Beg. Novice, Novice, Training, Preliminary and Intermediate levels.
- Six permanent barns with stabling up to 220 horses.
- An extensive trail network with nearly 600 miles of marked trail utilizing property through the generosity of local landowners
- Youth Center facility for unmounted gatherings and educational clinics
GMHA has a rich history in Eventing, having hosted horse trials for over 50 years.
A special thank you to People’s United Bank, Equi-Prep and Nutrena for sponsoring our 2019 JHC t-shirts!
Camper applications are due by April 10th! “Early Bird” applications are due by January 31st to take advantage of the discount.
Sign up TODAY!
- The Starter Horse Trials will take place BEFORE the JHC on Saturday, June 20, 2020. Campers can enter independently and stay over for arrival day of JHC on Sunday, June 21st for an additional stabling fee.
- JHC will have “one” session in 2020 for ALL levels of riders.
- All riders will follow the same format and be paired to the appropriate instructors given their experience.
- Early Bird registration discount available from January 1st – January 31st only. Sign up today to reserve your spot!
Be sure to like GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic’s Facebook Page! You can find information and updates here, along with pictures of camp!