PC – Abby Rowlee Photography
64th Junior Horsemanship Clinic
Please contact us at the information listed below for more information.
The GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic is celebrating its 64th Anniversary in 2021! This is a premier Eventing clinic in the northeast for youth riders ages 9-17. However, all riding disciplines are encouraged to attend. Riders bring their own horses or ponies to camp, and receive two quality mounted lessons and two unmounted lessons every day. Riders will school all three phases of Eventing: dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. The professional staff and extensive facility makes this an amazing opportunity!
Our facility includes:
- Four all-weather riding arenas with geo-textile footing
- A professionally designed cross-country course offering fences at the Elementary, Beg. Novice, Novice, Training, Preliminary and Intermediate levels.
- Six permanent barns with stabling up to 220 horses.
- An extensive trail network with over 400 miles of marked trail utilizing property through the generosity of local landowners
- Youth Center facility for unmounted gatherings and educational clinics
GMHA has a rich history in Eventing, having hosted horse trials for over 50 years!
A special thank you to People’s United Bank, Equi-Prep and Nutrena for sponsoring our 2019 JHC t-shirts!
Camper applications are due by April 16, 2021. “Early Bird” applications are due by January 29th to take advantage of the discount.
Sign up TODAY!
- The Starter Horse Trials will take place on Saturday, June 26th the day before JHC begins. Campers are welcome to stay over on Saturday night if competing for an additional stabling fee of $30. Please enter independently for the Starter HT (not included in camp registration).
- JHC will have “one” session in 2021 for ALL levels of riders.
- All riders will follow the same format and be paired to the appropriate instructors given their experience.
- Early Bird registration discount available from January 4th through the 29th only. Sign up today to reserve your spot!
Be sure to like GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic’s Facebook Page! You can find information and updates here, along with pictures of camp!