Junior Horsemanship Clinic
Start Date:June 27, 2021
End Date: July 04, 2021
Location:5491 South Road, VT, United States
Event Open:January 4, 2021
Event Close:April 16, 2021
PC – Abby Rowlee Photography
65th Junior Horsemanship Clinic
Please contact us at the information listed below for more information.
The GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic is celebrating its 65th Anniversary in 2021! This is a premier Eventing clinic in the northeast for youth riders ages 9-17. However, all riding disciplines are encouraged to attend. Riders bring their own horses or ponies to camp, and receive two quality mounted lessons and two unmounted lessons every day. Riders will school all three phases of Eventing: dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. The professional staff and extensive facility makes this an amazing opportunity!
Our facility includes:
- Four all-weather riding arenas with geo-textile footing
- A professionally designed cross-country course offering fences at the Elementary, Beg. Novice, Novice, Training, Preliminary and Intermediate levels.
- Six permanent barns with stabling up to 220 horses.
- An extensive trail network with over 400 miles of marked trail utilizing property through the generosity of local landowners
- Youth Center facility for unmounted gatherings and educational clinics
GMHA has a rich history in Eventing, having hosted horse trials for over 50 years!
A special thank you to People’s United Bank, Equi-Prep and Nutrena for sponsoring our 2019 JHC t-shirts!
Camper applications are due by April 16, 2021. “Early Bird” applications are due by January 29th to take advantage of the discount.
Sign up TODAY!
- The Starter Horse Trials will take place on Saturday, June 26th the day before JHC begins. Campers are welcome to stay over on Saturday night if competing for an additional stabling fee of $30. Please enter independently for the Starter HT (not included in camp registration).
- JHC will have “one” session in 2021 for ALL levels of riders.
- All riders will follow the same format and be paired to the appropriate instructors given their experience.
- Early Bird registration discount available from January 4th through the 29th only. Sign up today to reserve your spot!
- Scholarships available – See details by clicking on the button to the right >>>
Be sure to like GMHA Junior Horsemanship Clinic’s Facebook Page! You can find information and updates here, along with pictures of camp!
We are hiring for JHC! We are looking for riding instructors and barn managers to staff our Annual Junior Horsemanship Clinic. Spend eight days at GMHA teaching an enthusiastic group of young eventers!
Staff applications due by April 1, 2021
Horse Health Requirements
GMHA requires a negative Coggins and proof of rabies vaccination within 12 months for each horse that comes on the property. Rabies titers are accepted within one year of event date and must accompany a note from your veterinarian explaining the reason why the vaccine could not be administered.
Please note that the State of Vermont requires a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days or Exhibition Permit from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture’s Animal Health office for any horses entering the state. GMHA does not require these documents with entry, but the VT Agency of Agriculture may enforce these regulations at any time.