Title: Counter Person
Reports to: Café Manager
Schedule: Part-time, Seasonal (20-30 hrs/week)
FLSA: Non-exempt – Hourly
Immediate start through mid-October. Hours include weekends and holidays and may flex up or down depending on café and catering activity.
Purpose: To welcome guests and clients and assist them in purchasing food and beverage in an engaging, respectful, and kind manner. Working with the first and second cook in team oriented fashion.
- Ensuring the opening & closing duties of the café are followed in a timely fashion
- Waiting on customers – taking orders, answering questions and processing payments
- Ability to learn the ingredients of products sold in the café and which ones are Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegetarian
- Working with and supporting the cook(s) as needed
- Running the cash register and credit card machine; producing daily cash out reports
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Neatly presented
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Follow direction of First and Second Cooks
- Basic interest in the food industry and the desire to learn safe food handling and storage practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a personable manner towards supervisors, staff, clients, suppliers, and the general public
- Honesty, reliability, dependability, and a good work ethic
To apply, please submit a resume to Executive Director, Tracy Ostler, firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in person on Thursdays & Fridays 9am to 12pm.