Title: Counter Person
Reports to: Café Manager
Schedule: Part-time, Seasonal (20-30 hrs/week)
FLSA: Non-exempt – Hourly
May through mid-October. Hours include weekends and holidays and may flex up or down depending on café and catering activity.
Purpose: To welcome guests and clients and assist them in purchasing food and beverage in an engaging, respectful and kind manner working with the first and second cook in team oriented fashion.
- Ensuring the opening duties of the café are followed in a timely fashion
- Waiting on customers – taking orders, answering questions and processing payments
- Knowledge of ingredients in prepared foods
- Understanding dietary boundaries of Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegetarian
- Working with and supporting the cook(s) as needed
- Running the cash register and credit card machine; producing daily cash out reports
- Closing duties of Cafe are followed in a timely fashion
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Neatly presented
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Follow direction of First and Second Cooks
- Basic knowledge of the food industry and safe food handling and storage practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a personable manner towards supervisors, staff, clients, suppliers, and the general public
- Honesty, reliability, dependability, and a good work ethic
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to Executive Director, Tracy Ostler, email@example.com.